We are seeking an enthusiastic Scientific Coordinator to manage a collaborative project “GEUS” aimed to bring advances in Genomics and Epigenomics to research and medical applications. The project is a partnership between academic institutions and the biotech industry.
The Scientific coordinator will join the Laboratory of Epigenetic Mechanisms in cell Differentiation and Cancer (http://maplab.cat) and will be responsible for the successful management, implementation and coordination of specific projects. The candidate will work closely with principal investigators from the participating academic institutions and biotech companies, as well as with the IGTP offices (project management, technology transfer, and communication).
- Coordination of project’s work packages progress
- Ensuring that reports, deliverables, and milestones are completed in a timely fashion and compliance with funding agencies and ethic regulations
- Promotion of communication and collaboration among the partners as well as with relevant initiatives, consortia, and other European projects.
- Organizing project events, meetings, etc.
- Managing the content of the project websites and dissemination of project results to the scientific community and the general public.
- Promote the preparation of new competitive proposals.
- A PhD degree in life sciences or related fields.
- Research experience in an international environment.
- Excellent organization, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively, in fluent English.
- Previous experience in project management (preferably).
- Previous involvement in European or other international grants and/or in organizing scientific meetings, training events, and/or workshops (preferably).
- Computational skills (Office, content management systems, etc.).
What we offer
- Immediate start.
- Competitive salary according to qualifications and experience
- Flexible schedule in entrance and exit.
- Internal trainings.
- Integration in a collaborative scientific network devoted to high quality research in the field of cancer genomics and epigenomics.
- Possibility for career advancement and attendance to specialized training courses and scientific meetings.
- An excellent work environment with a young, dynamic collaborative team.
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2019
How to apply
- A short statement of motivation
- A CV including your contact details
- Names, email and telephone numbers of two referees
PLEASE INDICATE THE REFERENCE 2019/24 in the subject of the mail.
DOWNLOAD ADVERTISEMENT: Job Offer